Scotsman Guide > Residential > Articles

 Enter your e-mail address and password below.


Forgot your password? New User? Register Now.

Articles about Education


Residential | July 2019 
This Detail Can Keep Your Doors Open
Hundreds of thousands of businesses open their doors each year across all types of industries. These entrepreneurs, including those in specialized professional services — such as mortgage or...
By Eric Weisbrot, chief marketing officer, JW Surety Bonds

Residential | June 2019 
Put Success at the Top of Your To-Do List
If you are a mortgage originator who moves a stack of paper from one side of your desk to the other and feels you’ve had a successful day, guess again. As a commission-based business owner, you ...
By Nathan Rufty, mortgage coach and trainer, Mortgage Marketing Pros

Commercial | March 2019 
Surviving the 80/20 Iceberg
If you’ve recently attended any industry-related conferences or other events and have spoken with colleagues and competitors, you may have reached the conclusion that 2019 could be a tough year for co...
By Mark Monro, director of strategic markets, Seattle Funding Group

Commercial | October 2018 
Becoming a Successful Commercial Mortgage Pro Is a Process
The world of commercial real estate can be intoxicating, especially for young professionals. Many new commercial mortgage brokers have dreams of making it big, with bright-eyed visions of gleaming sky...
By Adam Petriella, managing principal, Silverthread Capital

Residential | August 2018 
Closing the Management-Skills Gap
Career-advancement opportunities abound in the mortgage industry. It is an industry where an individual taking an entry-level mortgage-originator job, for example, can go on to enjoy an enriching work...
By Charlotte Tyson, director of customer consulting, Genworth Mortgage Insurance.

Residential | August 2018 
Wanted: Leaders for Turbulent Times
Leaders, take note. The seismic shifts in the mortgage industry won’t slow down anytime soon. Talented originators longing for the chance to serve homebuyers won’t keep waiting for leaders adhering to...
By J. Tony Thompson, founder and CEO, National Association of Minority Mortgage Bankers of America

Residential | August 2018 
Run to Daylight in a Competitive Mortgage Industry
­­Professional athletes must stick to a disciplined training regimen and develop skills to advance in the major leagues. Do you think anything is different in the mortgage industry? Originators a...
By Nathan Rufty, mortgage coach and trainer, Mortgage Marketing Pros

Residential | August 2018 
How to Shine in This Job Market
­ If you’re a mortgage originator thinking about your career, the ever-changing job market and recent layoffs in the industry may leave you wondering: How can I enhance my personal...
By Dave Chung, co-founder and managing director, CreditXpert Inc.

Residential | June 2018 
Help Homebuyers Reach New Heights
American confidence is legendary. It is this confidence that carried men and women across treacherous waters to a new promised land, propelled us to take to the air with man-made wings and landed us o...
By Joe Melendez, CEO and founder, ValueInsured

Residential | June 2018 
Viewpoint: Lessons from Lehman Brothers 10 Years Later
  Key Points Housi...
By Dick Lepre, senior loan adviser, RPM Mortgage

Residential | May 2018 
Stop Struggling With Underwriters
There is an old adage in the mortgage industry that underwriters look for ways to turn down loans. That is far from the truth. Everyone in a mortgage company — including underwriters — knows ...
By Nathan Rufty, mortgage coach and trainer, Mortgage Marketing Pros

Residential | May 2018 
Tap Into the 83 Percent
By the time an average American reaches 65 years of age, 83 percent of their net worth comes from home equity. The other 17 percent comes from 401k plans, savings and other investments. Many homeowner...
By Ernie Graham, CEO and founder, Homebot

Commercial | May 2018 
Future-Proof Your Business
Low interest rates, sound growth in lease rates and escalating property values have stimulated interest in the commercial real estate market. The Mortgage Bankers Association reported $565 billion in ...
By Garry Barnes, director, PW Partners Consultancy

Residential | April 2018 
Anticipate Borrowers’ Questions
Buying a house can be scary, especially as a first-time homebuyer. Individuals looking for mortgages are often apprehensive about the process. When people approach mortgage originators, they wil...
By Yanni Raz, CEO, HML Investments


< First | < Prev  | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> | Next > | Last >





© 2019 Scotsman Guide Media. All Rights Reserved.  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy